The workbench is the beating heart of every laboratory. It’s where every scientist does his work. And every other sort of activity that goes on in the lab ultimately revolves around what happens there. It goes without saying, therefore, that to do his best work, every scientist needs a good workbench.
But there’s more to a good workbench than just the bench itself. There is also a wide variety of different types of accessories that can be tacked on to every bench. Accessories help to improve functionality and allow researchers to do more concentrated work.RDM Industrial Productsoffers a great array of different workbench accessories and allows you to customize the workbenches in your lab in whatever way you need.
Whether your lab is dedicated to a specific sort of work that requires certain kinds of workbenches or whether each scientist on your team needs his own personalized combination of tools, we have you covered. Let’s have a look at some of the many different industrial-quality workbench accessories available.
Computers are indispensable laboratory tools. They log data, crunch numbers, and simplify all sorts of operations for a lab team. But sometimes, even relatively small computers can take up valuable space on a workbench. That space is essential for doing other kinds of work. Computer accessories for your workbench are generally meant to make life easier. Allowing you to access your computer while keeping it from dominating your workspace.
Some computer-based accessories include:
- Monitor stands: These typically consist of a robotic arm of some kind that holds your monitor in position and allows you to rotate manipulate it as needed. We also have rear post mounted options that offer greater stability.
- Keyboard trays: These can slide under your desk so that the keyboard doesn’t take up room on your workstations. If you want durability, we offer the option to have trays made of stainless steel.
- Rail Stands: These are like monitor stands, only instead of a robotic arm to which you can attach your monitor, you have a whole rack on which you might be able to put multiple items.
Labs cannot function without proper storage facilities. Important lab documents should be tucked away for safekeeping and easy access. Hazardous chemicals should be stored in an area where they can be sure not to wreak havoc or endanger the health and safety of lab workers. Tools integral to everyday operations of an industrial or research lab should be stored in convenient locations and kept close at hand. RDM thus offers your lab or industrial workspace, a large number of different storage solutions.
Here are just a few storage accessories:
- Base Cabinets: When you add base cabinets to your workbench, it becomes an all-in-one workstation and storage facility. Adding on something as simple as a few base cabinets can thus noticeably expand your researcher’s capabilities while at work. We offer customized cabinets made of stainless steel, phenolic and chemical-resistant trespa, among other materials. For those working with dangerous substances, we can also make your workstation base cabinets flame-resistant.
- Other Kinds of Cabinets: In addition to the base cabinets that come attached to many of our laboratory workbenches, you can also hang cabinets on the wall above your workstation or on a nearby wall to put more crucial lab items at your fingertips as you work. Large, walk-in cabinets are also available for storing larger items. As with base cabinets, we are able to customize these other cabinets. We can make them according to your exact specifications, using materials various materials, and giving them chemical or flame-resistant properties.
- File Drawers: We make durable and reliable file cabinets. Some with sliding drawers so that important mail as well as crucial laboratory paperwork is sent to or keep where it needs to be. If you desire added durability, we can make these out of metal.
- Shelves: A simple overhead shelf might be just what’s needed to keep things in a convenient place as you work. Similarly, a shelf underneath your workbench may be just as useful, especially if you need a place to keep a desktop computer. We offer custom shelving of many kinds.
- Tool Racks: Lab researchers regularly use all kinds of equipment throughout the day, but keeping everything right on their work counters, or even in the base or overhead cabinets, will tend to clutter things up. To help prevent that from happening we offer tool racks and pegboards on which to keep heavier and more cumbersome tools.
What we’ve said here only scratches the surface of the full range of different storage options available. We encourage you to check out some of ourindustrial-quality and factory-direct custom workbench accessoriesto help meet your lab’s storage needs.
Power and Lighting
For most industrial workbenches, some kind of lighting fixture is a standard feature. When working with chemicals and attempting to facilitate reactions, it’s important to get the dosages of everything just right, and proper lighting is crucial to accomplishing that. Thus, most workbenches come included with either fluorescent or LED lights of some kind.
If you want to modify or customize your workbench lighting, however, RDM has you covered. We not only offer overhead lighting fixtures for workbenches which hold either fluorescent or halogen bulbs but also sell smaller inspection lamps that you can attach to a post on your workbench and then drag and twist around as necessary to bring light to just the spots where you need it.
Of course, without a nearby power source, you can’t have the lighting you need. You can thus have manufacturer-direct workbenches created that come with long power strips which are about 4 feet long. The strip allows you to plug in your lights, your computer, and whatever devices you need right at the workstation.
We also manufacture a wide range of other kinds of standard workbench accessories. These accessories help improve the comforting efficiency of your lab workers, including:
- Table lifts and risers that allow workbenches to accommodate researchers of various heights. Both when they are standing up and when they are sitting down.
- Footrests are a great addition, for when lab workers get tired.
- Caster wheels that we can attach to workbenches to make them mobile.
RMD Industrial Products has 37 years of experience creating quality-designed lab equipment and industrial furniture. And, RDM products and accessories are proudly manufactured in the USA. To make your workbenches the best that they be, let us help you customize them. You can customize your workbenches with whatever combinations of accessories you desire. Take a look at the rest ofour many standard workbench accessories.