Industrial workbenches for manufacturing businesses, research facilities, medical facilities and for other industrial applications need to be sturdy and multi-functional. They should also be versatile enough to adapt to all types of uses, and should give users viable options for adding accessories. The best workbenches are those that will serve all the purposes they are intended for, and do so reliably and with flexibility.
Popular Options For An Industrial Workbench
One of the most important aspects of a good heavy duty workbench is the top of the bench. Tough materials should be chosen for tops of workbenches based on the applications they’ll be used for. Attributes like being crack and gouge resistant, splinter resistant, and not able to absorb chemicals or oils are all critical considerations. Shock absorbency is another consideration when it’s important that vibrations be kept to a minimum. This is especially true for times when expensive and delicate medical equipment is used that must not be exposed to excessive vibration.
Some of the most popular options for heavy duty workbenches include the ability to add shelving and storage drawers to the benches, the ability to add computer monitor or keyboard stands, storage options like vertical open storage, casters on the legs for easy mobility, and foot rests. When choosing a quality industrial workbench, people also look for specialty options like overhead trolley systems that are made to hold tools, special roll and label holders, and holders for documents.
How to Tell if Heavy Duty Workbenches are High Quality
Laboratories, manufacturing companies, research facilities and medical facilities know how important it is to choose the highest quality workbenches for maximum efficiency, versatility and functionality. Important quality characteristics to look for in a heavy duty workbench include:
- High quality materials used for bases and tops – Materials like industrial grade steel, butcher block, laminates and plexiglass are all good options
- Functional and durable surfaces – Surfaces that are heat-resistant, chemical resistant and treated to resist corroding are good choices
- Sturdiness – Since most heavy duty workbenches will be used by a variety of people for many purposes, it’s critical that they be sturdy and able to withstand the rigors of a demanding workplace or laboratory
- Height adjustable options – Some styles of workbenches are made to be height adjustable. This is an attractive feature since users of industrial workbenches will usually be different heights and sizes
- Craftsmanship – A high level of craftsmanship used in things like welds and corners, along with thickness of materials like the steel used in its construction that will allow the industrial workbench to withstand the weight of heavy objects
Work Space is an Important Consideration
Different sizes of industrial workbenches should be chosen thoughtfully depending on how much work space is available for them. Places that are tight on space will require workbenches that are higher and that have shelves located above them to make better and smarter use of the vertical space. Workbenches can also be selected based on their ability to be combined with other work space elements.
This is where expert advice in workspace configuration can come in handy. Experts can offer professional advice about the best placements for furnishings like workbenches and other necessities, and help to create configurations that will work for everyone. Making the best plans for good use of work space will be helpful so everything needed within a workspace can be included with room to spare. Making the best choices in furnishings like workbenches can help enhance comfort, encourage productivity and help to create a better work environment.