O R D E R / Q U O T E W E B F O R M
Fume Hood Model SB-MAX-A – Our Most Common Fume Hood Model…
Model SB-MAX-A Fume Hood
Airfoil Add Air Unit Provides Added Economy via a front-mount Add-Air Plenum…
|Lt. Almond||Ivory||Beige||Off White||Platinum||Matte Grey||Black|
|Dark Taupe||Green||Light Blue||Sea Blue||Deep Blue||Burgundy||White|
- The S-MAX-A BenchTop Airfoil Add-Air Fume Hood incorporates an Add Air (Make-up Air) System, which allows your air conditioned air to remain inside the building while air from outdoors is introduced through the add air plenum. This Fume Hood is ideal for most laboratory exhaust application needs. The narrow design of the hood allows easier installation by enabling it to fit through the width of a standard doorway opening. Similar to the SB-MAX with a built-in bypass feature, this unit also maintains a relatively constant face velocity at any sash opening height. Additional Features Include:
- Add-Air Plenum
- Continuous air flow across the work surface with lower airfoil bypass, even with sash fully closed.
- 45 degree front fascia to eliminate air turbulence.
- No Exposed Steel Fasteners on Interior or Exterior of Hood
- Double side wall construction allows for installation of many service outlets / fixtures.
- Easily removable interior and exterior side access panel(s)
- Full view, Vertically sliding, laminated safety glass sash with counter-balanced, smooth efficient movement with full-width finger pull.
- Resin-Chem chemical resistant, fiberglass-reinforced thermoset resin interior liner, white UL approved material
- Energy Efficient T8 fluorescent light fixture is mounted above a sealed safety glass panel, isolated from interior.
- Light switch, located on the exterior front of side walls.
- Two duplex 115v outlets, located on the exterior front of side walls.
- Light, switch and outlets are pre-wired to Electrical Junction Box located at top of hood.
- The superstructure is of heavy gauge powder-coated steel.
- Rectangular stainless steel exhaust duct collar
- Removable, adjustable air baffle system for fine tuning air control flexibility
- Lower Metal Air Foil (Optional Stainless) allows for smoother air flow and aids in the removal of heavy fumes, which provides continuous air flow across the work surface with lower airfoil bypass, even with sash fully closed.
- Requires a remote exhaust fan, available as option
- Modular Construction allows for Easy Disassembly and Reassembly
- Interior Dims: appx. __”wide x 24″deep x 48″high clear (31″clear height opening)
- Exterior Dims: appx. __”wide x 33-7/8″deep x 54.25″high (66-5/8″ with sash fully opened)
- Standard Sizes: (All Units are 33″ deep x 57.25″ high)
- SB-Max300-A35 – 35″ wide – Interior: 25″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), single 6″x10″ collar, 250#
- SB-Max300-A – 36″ wide – Interior: 26″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), single 6″x10″ collar, 250#
- SB-Max400-A47 – 47″ wide – Interior: 38″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), single 6″x12″ collar, 350#
- SB-Max400-A – 48″ wide – Interior: 39″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), single 6″x12″ collar, 350#
- SB-Max500-A58 – 58″ wide – Interior: 49″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), single 6″x16″ collar, 450#
- SB-Max500-A – 60″ wide – Interior: 51″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), single 6″x16″ collar, 450#
- SB-Max600-A70 – 70″ wide – Interior: 60″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), single 6″x20″ collar, 550#
- SB-Max600-A – 72″ wide – Interior: 62″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), single 6″x20″ collar, 550#
- SB-Max700-A – 84″ wide – Interior: 74″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), dual 6″x12″” collars, 650#
- SB-Max800-A94 – 94″ wide – Interior: 84″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), dual 6″x12″ collars, 750#
- SB-Max800-A – 96″ wide – Interior: 86″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), dual 6″x12″ collars, 750#
- Custom Sizes Available – Enter your dimensions in comment space below…
- TESTING & APPROVAL:
Meets ASHRAE 110-1995 testing requirements set forth by ASHRAE. For specific test results please contact your sales representative or the factory. Meets the Federal government’s OSHA standards for safe operation within the laboratory environment. Constructed to meet UL 1805 classification and manufactured from approved materials only.
- Optional Accessories:
- Air Flow Monitor Alarm
- Optional Combination Sash with Horizontal Sliding Doors and Other Configurations available.
- Requires a remote exhaust fan, available as option
- Pre-Plumbing for Service Fixtures is Optional
- Fire Extinguisher (Dry Chemical for classes A,B,C & D, U.L. Approved)
- Remote Service Fixtures: Air, Vacuum, Gas, Nitrogen, Cold Water, Argon, etc.
- 220v Electrical
- Explosion-Proof Electrical and Lighting
- Pre-wire electrical to top junction box
- Alternate Liners: Stainless Steel, PVC, Fiberglass Resin, Polypropylene
- Base Storage Cabinets or Table Frame
- Standard metal Cabinets
- Standard Melamine or Laminated Cabinets
- Chemical-Resistant Cabinets
- Flame-Resistant Cabinets
- Vacuum Unit Cabinets
- Velocity Alarm (Digital or Analog)
- Manometer – Monitors pressure differences. Allows user to keep track of pressure loss.
- Static Pressure Gauge – Dial type that senses static pressure within a space. Typically mounted in exhaust duct with gauge mounted on face of hood.
- Filler Panels and Ceiling Enclosure Panels to Match Hood
SB-MAX-A Airfoil Add Air Hoods:
The Add Air Hoods provide up to 70% of the Hood exhaust requirements. With a bypass similar to the Airfoil Bypass Hood, outside air is introduced through the add air plenum, thus minimizing the amount of conditioned room air required. When outside temperatures are extreme, it may be necessary to temper the incoming air.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN TABLE BY FOLLOWING SIMPLE STEPS