O R D E R / Q U O T E W E B F O R M
Fume Hood ModelVB-MAX– Variable Air Volume Fume Hood…
Model VB-MAX Fume Hood
Airfoil Variable Air Volume (VAV) Unit is Designed to be Used with Exhaust Control Systems (by others)…
|Lt. Almond||Ivory||Beige||Off White||Platinum||Matte Grey||Black|
|Dark Taupe||Green||Light Blue||Sea Blue||Deep Blue||Burgundy||White|
- The VB-MAX BenchTop VAV Fume Hood is designed to be used with exhaust control systems provided by other manufacturers. This Fume Hood is used where automated air control is required. Like other standard RDM fume hood models, this hood also has a narrow design, allowing it to fit through the width of a standard doorway opening. In lieu of an upper bypass panel, this VAV unit includes a lintel, located above the sash, which restricts the air intake of the hood to the sash opening and lower bypass. An exhaust control system (existing or provided by others) should be mounted to the fume hood to detect movement of the sash and automatically adjust the volume of air required to maintain a constant face velocity. Additional Features Include:
- Continuous air flow across the work surface with lower airfoil bypass, even with sash fully closed.
- 45 degree front fascia to eliminate air turbulence.
- No Exposed Steel Fasteners on Interior or Exterior of Hood
- Double side wall construction allows for installation of many service outlets / fixtures.
- Easily removable interior and exterior side access panel(s)
- Full view, Vertically sliding, laminated safety glass sash with counter-balanced, smooth efficient movement with full-width finger pull.
- Resin-Chem chemical resistant, fiberglass-reinforced thermoset resin interior liner, white UL approved material
- Energy Efficient T8 fluorescent light fixture is mounted above a sealed safety glass panel, isolated from interior.
- Light switch, located on the exterior front of side walls.
- Two duplex 115v outlets, located on the exterior front of side walls.
- Light, switch and outlets are pre-wired to Electrical Junction Box located at top of hood.
- The superstructure is of heavy gauge powder-coated steel.
- Rectangular stainless steel exhaust duct collar
- Lower Metal Air Foil (Optional Stainless) allows for smoother air flow and aids in the removal of heavy fumes, which provides continuous air flow across the work surface with lower airfoil bypass, even with sash fully closed.
- Requires an exhaust control system (by others)
- Modular Construction allows for Easy Disassembly and Reassembly
- Interior Dims: appx. __”wide x 24″deep x 48″high clear (31″clear height opening)
- Exterior Dims: appx. __”wide x 33-7/8″deep x 54.25″high (66-5/8″ with sash fully opened)
- Standard Sizes: (All Units are 33″ deep x 57.25″ high)
- VB-Max300-35 – 35″ wide – Interior: 25″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), single 6″x10″ collar, 250#
- VB-Max300 – 36″ wide – Interior: 26″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), single 6″x10″ collar, 250#
- VB-Max400-47 – 47″ wide – Interior: 38″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), single 6″x12″ collar, 350#
- VB-Max400 – 48″ wide – Interior: 39″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), single 6″x12″ collar, 350#
- VB-Max500-58 – 58″ wide – Interior: 49″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), single 6″x16″ collar, 450#
- VB-Max500 – 60″ wide – Interior: 51″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), single 6″x16″ collar, 450#
- VB-Max600-70 – 70″ wide – Interior: 60″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), single 6″x20″ collar, 550#
- VB-Max600 – 72″ wide – Interior: 62″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), single 6″x20″ collar, 550#
- VB-Max700 – 84″ wide – Interior: 74″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), dual 6″x12″” collars, 650#
- VB-Max800-94 – 94″ wide – Interior: 84″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), dual 6″x12″ collars, 750#
- VB-Max800 – 96″ wide – Interior: 86″wide x 24″deep x 48″high (31″clear height opening), dual 6″x12″ collars, 750#
- Custom Sizes Available – Enter your dimensions in comment space below…
- TESTING & APPROVAL:
Meets ASHRAE 110-1995 testing requirements set forth by ASHRAE. For specific test results please contact your sales representative or the factory. Meets the Federal government’s OSHA standards for safe operation within the laboratory environment. Constructed to meet UL 1805 classification and manufactured from approved materials only.
- Optional Accessories:
- Air Flow Monitor Alarm
- Optional Combination Sash with Horizontal Sliding Doors and Other Configurations available.
- Remote exhaust fan is available as option
- Pre-Plumbing for Service Fixtures is Optional
- Fire Extinguisher (Dry Chemical for classes A,B,C & D, U.L. Approved)
- Remote Service Fixtures: Air, Vacuum, Gas, Nitrogen, Cold Water, Argon, etc.
- 220v Electrical
- Explosion-Proof Electrical and Lighting
- Pre-wire electrical to top junction box
- Alternate Liners: Stainless Steel, PVC, Fiberglass Resin, Polypropylene
- Base Storage Cabinets or Table Frame
- Standard metal Cabinets
- Standard Melamine or Laminated Cabinets
- Chemical-Resistant Cabinets
- Flame-Resistant Cabinets
- Vacuum Unit Cabinets
- Velocity Alarm (Digital or Analog)
- Manometer – Monitors pressure differences. Allows user to keep track of pressure loss.
- Static Pressure Gauge – Dial type that senses static pressure within a space. Typically mounted in exhaust duct with gauge mounted on face of hood.
- Filler Panels and Ceiling Enclosure Panels to Match Hood
VB-MAX Airfoil Variable Air Volume VAV Hoods:
The Variable Air Volume (VAV) Hoods are designed to be used with exhaust control systems provided by other manufacturers. In lieu of an upper bypass the VAV Hood has a lintel which restricts the air intake of the Hood to the sash opening and lower bypass. The commercially available exhaust control system will detect the movement of the sash and adjust the volume of air required to maintain a constant face velocity. Factory mounting of the exhaust controls is available when specified.
FILL INFORMATION BELOW & CLICK "…CART" BUTTON AT BOTTOM